Monday, October 11, 2010

LOLA FEELS LESS THAN LUKEWARM ABOUT ONE MOVIE BUT FRABJOUS ABOUT ANOTHER

Gentle Readers,

I describe myself as less than lukewarm about the first movie because less than lukewarm is actually cool, and I don't think Bride Wars is at all cool.

I suppose if you want something pretty mindless to watch, it will do, but if you're going to really watch it and think you like it, then at least keep in mind what I have to say about it.

The two main characters, whose names I forget (played by Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson), are BFF who go insane when they find out that the most important day of their lives, their wedding days, have accidentally been scheduled on the same day.

I have news for you: If your wedding day is the most important day of your life, then what do you have to look forward to for the next 40 or 50 years? Will it be all downhill from there?

Yeah, probably.

And I really hate it than when your plans don't work out, what's your names, you fall into catty female stereotypes instead of finding a way to solve the problem. Problems are made to be solved.

I also don't like it when Anne Hathaway's character starts to stand up for herself, and her supposedly loving fiancee tells her she's not a bitch, but she's in the neighborhood. Remember, girls, go after what you want and the world will call you a bitch.

It's o.k. for a man to be aggressive, but damn, girl, you best keep your mouth shut and take what's comin' to you or you are a capital B itch.

Now, the movie I liked - no loved - is Young @ Heart.

It's a lovely documentary about a group of seniors who sing covers of songs by The Clash, James Brown, The Rolling Stones, you name it, they do it.

Sometimes their renditions are hilarious; sometimes their renditions are poignant.

I loved it and so frabjous is the best word to describe Young @ Heart.

Infinities of love,

Lola, the naughtiest girl in North Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.