Sunday, November 14, 2010

SQUIRRELLY

Gentle Readers,

My friend Kathy sent me this and it actually made me laugh, which has not been easy of late:

Walking can add minutes to your life. THis enables you at 85 years of age to live an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 a month.

My Dad started walking at the age of 60.  He is 97 years old now and we don't know where he is.


Kathy and I have had unwanted creatures in our houses within the last few days, and no, I'm not talking about the women's retreat Kathy just hosted. I'm not telling what my creature was because it's too horrifying for me to write about it, but Kathy had a squirrel.


She has three cats and they like to bring things inside with them, usually mice. Kathy's cats play with the mice until they die of little mousy heart attacks. Then she uses pliers to pick the mouse up by the tail and tosses it on her neighbor's property. The neighbor did not know until this very moment who was giving him the gift of dead mice. No doubt he will be pleased to know that he can thank Kathy.


But a few days ago Kathy's cats brought a squirrel in the house and got fur all over the place. Kathy is an excellent seamstress and next time I see her undoubtedly she will have a squirrel trimmed outfit.  Unfortunately though, Kathy could not find the squirrel in order to toss it out. Dead squirrel in the house and nobody can find it to fix a tasty meal.


She informed me by email last night, however, that she found the squirrel "sleeping" wherever the cats had left it. She put it in a box, and overnight the cats got into the box and played with the squirrel, who was no longer as interesting since he didn't move. Kathy has assured me that the squirrel is back in his box and now buried, probably in her neighbor's yard. 


My sister has a doggie door and she awoke one night to discover that one of her dogs had put a dead squirrel in bed with her.


I'll bet that was a scream.


Infinities of love,


Lola, who will soon reach her 200th post

1 comment:

  1. That was funny. Only 500 posts to go. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.