Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Do you believe in love, Gentle Readers?


Madonna wants to know. Something about making him express himself and then she grabs her crotch. Can you believe Madonna and I are the same age? Actually, she's a wee bit older, but I look so much better than she does. It's because I never ran around exposing my kit and caboodle in public. Boy, is she going to feel stupid when her kids find out about some of the things she's done. Or maybe she feels no shame.

Anyhoo, Dear Hearts and Gentle People, if you aren't going out tonight and you'd like to watch a romantic movie after the brats go to bed, I have a few suggestions:

When Harry Met Sally -- Nobody can order a meal the way Sally does and oy, such a happy ending!

Sleepless in Seattle -- Poor Tom Hanks. Thank heavens beautiful Meg Ryan comes to his rescue.

Say Anything -- Oy, I love John Cusack. Who can ever forget him with his heart broken holding up the boom box so she can hear the Peter Gabriel song? Oy, oy, oy.

Annie Hall -- Alvy Singer: Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I - I do, don't you think I do? 


It's o.k. that Annie and Alvy don't end up together. It's still a jewel of a movie, full of lines you'll want to say over and over.


An Affair To Remember -- Sleepless in Seattle is based on this movie. Affair is schmaltzier and I love it. You can't beat Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr, and the scene in Sleepless when Rita Wilson talks about this movie and Tom Hanks and what's his name talk about -- I think it's The Dirty Dozen -- it's just a hoot.


And in the Numero Uno Position is Casablanca. Bogey Bergman  "Play it Sam."


Need I say more?


I luff you all,


Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.