Thursday, April 14, 2011

MY BOYFRIEND

Gentle Readers,

Recently I was having one of my sleepless nights, in spite of being very cozy and comfortable in my bed with Scout at my head and Harper at my back. Franklin, of course, does not sleep in the bed. He prefers a dog bed on the floor although I would love it if he'd join us in spite of the crowding.

Anyhoo, at about 3 a.m. I got up and went in the family room and the boys joined me. We tried reading a bit and watching a bit of a documentary and then I tried to fall asleep in a chair, which sometimes works.

But I couldn't sleep.

Franklin had gone in the office to sleep on the bed. I don't know why he sleeps on that bed (the office doubles as a guest room), but he won't sleep in my bed. I decided to try joining him.

I walked in the room and very tentatively lay me down to sleep next to him. He didn't budge. After a while, I put my hand on his right front paw. A few minutes later, he stretched out his left arm and put his left paw on top of my hand. We fell asleep, holding paw-hands.

Thank you, Franklin.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.