Friday, April 1, 2011

MY SCARY MOVIES

Gentle Readers,

I just watched a movie that scared the bejabers out of me, so I thought I'd tell you what my scariest movies are. Now when I say scary, I don't mean horror movies with one teenager after another being hacked to death; I'm talking about edge of your seat, suspenseful, can't take your eyes off the screen for a second because you might miss something movies.

The movie I just watched was Unstoppable,starring the one, the only Denzel chasing down a runaway train. Recently I also saw The Town, a great Ben Afflec - Jeremy Renner flick that almost had me chewing on my fantastically gorgeous nails.

But here are my top four scariest movies ever:

4. The Silence of the Lambs - Now I realize this movie kinda crosses over into the horror genre, but it's a great psychological thriller. Anybody care for some fava beans and a nice chianti?

3. Fatal Attraction - Nobody boils a bunny like Glenn Close. The night we first saw this, I looked under the bed for Glenn.

2. Misery - WHACK! And there goes the ankle. Or does she hit his foot? Oh, Misery.

1. The Night of the Hunter - This movie is so frightening that I used to watch it through my fingers, which I spread apart when I could bear to look. LOVE. HATE. Mom under the water. One murder after another committed by the evil preacher and when he chases after those kids and Lillian Gish sits up all night with a gun to protect them -- Oh Lordy, it's almost more than I can take. I swear this is the scariest movie ever. Favorite Young Man even has LOVE and HATE tattooed on his knuckles. We are rather attached to this movie even if it scares the crap out of us - we think it's that good.

So watch a suspenseful movie if you're in the mood and don't be fooled.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.