Wednesday, June 22, 2011

THE UNKNOWN WOMAN

Gentle Readers,

I have a movie to add to my scariest movies list. It's The Unknown Woman, directed by Giuseppe Tornatore and starring the marvelously amazing Ksensi Rappoport as Irina, who escapes sexual slavery in Ukraine and goes to Italy to find . . . I can't tell you.

However, I will tell you the movie is harrowing, horrifying, brilliant. The most terrifying sequences are shown in glimpses, cut very quickly, or I don't think the viewer could stand it. I know I couldn't have taken anymore.

But I will tell you that the movie ends on a relatively happy note.

I think it was about time (the movie was made in 2006 but I only learned of it recently) someone made a true to life film about the hideous sex trade. This is no pretty woman cindafuckinrella story.

Watch. Be horrified. Learn.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.