Thursday, March 7, 2013

DOGGONE IT

Hi everybuddy. It's Franklin. I'm sorry, but I'm not my usual tail wagging happy self.

You won't believe what Mom did to me.

Just try to guess.







She took me to the booty shop.

She said I was dirty and I smelled like a dog. Well, I AM a dog. Does she think I'm gonna smell like a cat? Oh, man, that would be so gross.

The lady at the booty shop is nice. I've been there before. Her name is Candace and she tells me how sweet and bootiful I am.

But, the indignitaries I suffer when I'm there. First, Candace gives me a bath. I get wet and cold. But then she uses a big blow dryer to get the wet out of my fur, and she brushes me. Just when the bristles of the brush start to feel good and I think I might fall asleep, that's when the worst part happens.

Candace shaves the, the, I don't know if I can say it, I think I'm gonna cry, but I have to tell you everybuddy: Candace shaves the fur on MY BUTT!

Mom says the fur on my butt gets longer than the rest of my fur and little leaves and sticks and even some little bits of somebuddy's poop get stuck in it. It's embarrassing, but it's even more embarrassing when Candace makes me stand on a table in front of all the other dogs and I have to stick my butt up in the air and they all stare and I know they're laughing at me.

I was so glad when Mom came back to get me. But can you believe she actually pays Candace to do that to me? Mom could be using that money to buy chew toys and treats.

I say no more booty shop.

I wanna stay home every day and play with my brother Harper.


Thanks for listening to my troubles. Don't tell Mom I said so, but I still love her.

And I love you, everybuddy.

Franklin

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, but I'm afraid Franklin isn't amused.

      Delete
  2. You are so cute Franklin! Mom does this because you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I'm cute. Everybody tells me all the time.

      Delete
  3. Poor Franklin! Schultz likes the spa. Maybe Franklin should come with Schultz next time. He'll even get a pretty bandana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franklin probably wouldn't be happy going anyplace. He's a mama's boy.

      Delete
  4. It looks like Franklin swallowed Harper's head. And now, Beau wants to talk to Franklin.

    "Psssssss. Frankie, it's me, Beau. When I go to the doggie groomer, they actually pinch my widdle pink poopie hole until this stuff squirts out. Then they say "Ewwwwwww".......well what do they think would pop out of THEIR poopie hole if it got pinched? Humans are idiots....except for my mom and dad. THey don't know this stuff happens to me at the groomer's."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Beau. Nobody ever squeezed my poopie hole. I really feel for ya, dude.

      And now here's Mom: Franklin's mouth isn't quite big enough to swallow Harper's head. Those two have had a bromance going on since the day Franklin arrived. Harper is 10. Young Franklin tugs on Harper and keeps him playing. I bet Harper will live longer because of Franklin.

      Delete
  5. Franklin, dude, be glad you didn't get a Brazilian Wax Job. And, truthfully, I bet your butt feels better and fresher now with the trim. And quieter, too. When you fart the butt-hairs won't flap in the breeze. I just wish I had a nice lady to trim my butt hairs. Judy won't touch'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mr. Pot! Mom pays Candace to take care of my butt. Maybe if you gave Judy money she would help with your butt hairs.

      Delete
  6. Franklin,

    When I was young my family adopted a golden retriever (a product of a divorce) and all kinds of things were hanging off that dog's butt fur. You're not the only one.

    Xoxo
    Loonysuse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess that's good to know Miss Loony.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Frankie! Nobody ever shaves my butt hairs--do you suppose that's because I'm a people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because Bud doesn't take you to Candace.

      Delete
  8. I think you'd be happier if the shop was less 'beauty' and more 'booty'. It's okay.. I'll let Mom know, we'll see what we can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Juli. All you blogger buddies are so nice, I'm starting to wag my tail again.

      Delete
  9. Franklin, I'm glad you still love Mama. And from what I can see you look fine with a shaved butt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After Buck would get groomed, his favorite thing to do was roll in the first disgusting thing he could find in our yard after we got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a poodle when I was growing up. He always found poop to roll in after he was groomed. Silly puppies.

      Delete
  11. Franklin ...don't feel embarrassed ...my poor cat Percy has to go thru the same thing...but you know your momma loves you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Franklin what a terrible experience for you but you know mummy does what she things is best and lets be honest you don't want things stuck to you butt do you.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. But come on now, Franklin -- doesn't that booty feel great!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.